Join award-winning producers and dealmakers who have been at the forefront of diversified projects across platforms such as Teddy Schwarzman, John Penotti, Rena Ronson, Howard Barish, Jessica Lacy, Mark Ankner, Adhrucia Apana and Daniel Levin
Los Angeles, CA – August 16, 2018 – Winston Baker, leading global producer of entertainment conferences will be hosting its second edition Script to Screen Summit at the Delta Toronto Hotel in Toronto, Canada on September 7, 2018.
The Script to Screen Summit is a half-day conference designed to inspire and inform up-and-coming filmmakers and producers on how to successfully navigate the changing film business. During the event, attendees will go on a guided tour of the industry, highlighting important aspects of the filmmaking process, such as screenwriting, packaging talent, and co-production, as well as finance, marketing, and distribution.
“In order for the movie business to evolve, new perspectives and voices must be seen and heard,” said Katherine Winston, Co-Founder, Winston Baker. “We hope the Script to Screen Summit will serve as a platform for emerging filmmakers to connect with leading entertainment executives who are passionate about getting great and diverse stories out into the world,” added Amy Baker, Co-Founder of Winston Baker.
The event will kick off with an opening keynote from Teddy Schwarzman, President & CEO of Black Bear Pictures. Since its launch, Black Bear’s slate has grossed over $325,000,000 worldwide, been nominated for 13 Academy Awards, 9 Golden Globes, 10 BAFTAs, and premiered at some of the top film festivals around the world. During his talk, Schwarzman will give insight into how to create high quality content in a rapidly changing media ecosystem, the need to diversify content genres and platforms, how Black Bear assesses material wearing the different hats of producer, financier, TV studio and film distributor, and what it takes to get material noticed by independent studios like Black Bear.
Additionally, panel discussions will feature the leading minds behind films such as Crazy Rich Asians, Call Me By Your Name, Lady Bird, I, Tonya, Icarus, Phantom Thread, Mudbound, The Big Sick, The Florida Project, The Tale, BlacKkKlansman, Patti Cake$, Fences, Lion, Hidden Figures, 13th, Fruitvale Station, I am Not Your Negro, Beasts of No Nation and more.
Script to Screen Summit Speakers will include:
- Mark Ankner, Partner, Endeavor Content
- Adhrucia Apana, Managing Director, Creative Wealth Media
- Howard Barish, Award-Winning Producer and President, Kandoo Films
- Arianna Bocco, EVP of Acquisitions and Production, IFC Films
- Julie Dansker, VP, Sales and Marketing, The Orchard
- DJ Guggenheim, President, Andrew Lauren Productions
- John Hadity, EVP, Entertainment Partners
- Jessica Lacy, Partner/Head of Independent and International Film, ICM Partners
- Daniel Levin, Managing Partner, Narrative Capital
- Laurie May, Co-President, Elevation Pictures
- Lindsay Nahmiache, Co-Founder and CEO, Jive PR + Digital
- Gary Pearl, Co-Founder, Aquarius Television and Executive Producer, Jane the Virgin
- John Penotti, President, Ivanhoe Pictures - An SK Global Company
- Liz Polk, Counsel, Content Acquisition, Netflix
- Milan Popelka, COO, FilmNation Entertainment
- Tobias Queisser, Co-Founder, Cinelytic
- Rena Ronson, Partner and Head of Independent Film Group, United Talent Agency (UTA)
- Andrea Scarso, Investment Director, Ingenious Media
- Teddy Schwarzman, President & CEO, Black Bear Pictures
- Tatiana Siegel, Deputy Film Editor, The Hollywood Reporter
- Nick Spicer, Partner, XYZ Films
- Trevor White, Founder/ Managing Partner, Start Thrower Entertainment
- Shawn Williamson, President, Brightlight Pictures
- Stephen Wolf, Director, Production Finance, Annapurna
- Christopher Woodrow, Chairman and CEO, MovieCoin
Supporting partners and sponsors of the summit include the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television, African American Film Critics Association (AAFCA), Akin Gump, BDO, Cinelytic, New York Women in Film & Television (NYWIFT), and Women in Film & Television - Toronto (WIFT-T). For more information, visit www.Script2ScreenSummit.com.
About Winston Baker
Winston Baker produces conferences globally for the entertainment industry addressing strategies for finance, growth and innovation. Winston Baker’s events are an effective way to stay connected with the leaders in the industry at a film festival which hosts thousands of people each year. In such a global marketplace, there is no better way to establish visibility with the right contacts than by attending Winston Baker’s high-level events. For more information: www.WinstonBaker.com.